MARYLAND GENERAL ASSEMBLY BEGINS WEDNESDAY
January 6, 2014
The 434th Session of the Maryland General Assembly (“Session”) will officially begin at 12:00 noon on Wednesday, January 8, 2014. As the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, and Maryland Legislators prepare to tackle the final regular session of their four year elected terms, several early priorities for the 90-day session have emerged including:
- emergency legislation to provide health insurance to individuals who attempted to enroll in Maryland’s Health Insurance Exchange but could not due to technical problems;
- legislation to increase the minimum wage in Maryland;
- legislation to modify the stormwater fee imposed by local governments pursuant a state mandate;
- a $400 million structural budget deficit; and
- legislation to legalize marijuana usage under some circumstances.
Of course, RWLLS will be heavily involved in the key issues during Session so please do not hesitate to contact us at 410-269-5066 if you need any assistance.