Complex Commercial & Civil Litigation
RWL offers clients a team of attorneys with experience in handling a range of complex commercial litigation matters. Our litigators understand the needs of commercial clients and have the experience to know when and how to effectuate the legal process to achieve practical results.
RWL attorneys have successfully represented clients in the state and federal courts and before administrative and arbitration tribunals in personal injury and wrongful death litigation. On behalf of our clients, RWL attorneys have been awarded or settled cases resulting in millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
Some recent examples which highlight the range of matters our litigation group has handled include:
- A partner of the Firm recently has co-authored a well-regarded treatise on electronic and other discovery matters
- Representation of a client in a dispute with the State of Maryland regarding fees arising from the tobacco industry’s national settlement agreement
- Representation of a client in connection with a substantial medical malpractice claim involving wrong-site surgery
- Representation of a client in a seven-week jury trial of a commercial contract dispute involving claims of tortuous interference with contractual rights, in which the firm obtained a favorable jury verdict of almost $1 million dollars
- Representation of a national health-care company in connection with the resolution of a $1.2 million dollar collection claim
- Representation of a Major League Baseball franchise in several arbitration proceedings against its State Agency Landlord concerning provisions in the franchise’s real property stadium lease
In addition to our commercial litigation, we aggressively represent developers seeking judicial enforcement of their legal rights concerning land use and zoning issues, and our procurement practice group often litigates bid protests and claims arising out of contracts with the State.
If you would like to ask a question about civil litigation, please send an e-mail to Alan Rifkin.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT EACH CASE IS DIFFERENT AND THE PAST RECORD IS NO ASSURANCE OF FAVORABLE RESULTS IN ANY FUTURE CASE. For more information, please review our Legal Disclaimer.